Snug piercing, which is also popularly known as ‘anti-helix piercing’ is a one-of-kind ear piercing that involves the middle part of the ear. It derives its name from the region it is located in. ‘Snug’ is the area over the anti-tragus in the middle part of the ear. It is a sensitive area and thereby stud earrings are not a good jewelry option for this type of piercing. The best snug piercing jewelry options are curved or circular barbells. Check out our exclusive snug piercing ideas here, which are simply breathtaking.
What is Snug Piercing?
This type of piercing is done near the cartilage of the ear. It is pierced through the outer and inner parts of the ear. It is more painful than the other types like eyebrow piercing, chin piercing, or Medusa piercing. The exact location of this piercing varies from one person to another depending on the person’s preference and shape of the ear. A piercing that is placed on the lower part of the ear near to its outer edge is known as ‘rook piercing.’ The healing time of this piercing is about six months and proper post-operative care should be taken during this period.
Precautions to Take Before Going for a Snug Piercing
- As it is a difficult type of piercing, it requires a high level of expertise and hence you should thoroughly research to get in touch with a competent piercing artist.
- Make sure the salon where the piercing will be done is clean and the professionals follow the required sterilization practices.
After-Care Tips of Snug Piercing
- For faster healing, dab the area with a cotton swab dipped in saline solution every day.
- Remember not to sleep on the side where the piercing has been done.
- Ensure your hair strands do not entangle with your piercing jewelry, as that can cause
- Avoid changing the piercing jewelry for at least 2-3 weeks as that can aggravate irritation and slow down the healing process. Wait till the piercing completely heals.
Look smart and happening with these trendy snug piercings.