Saint Patrick’s Day is a day of celebration and joy. No celebration is complete without some DIY crafts, is it? Making Leprechaun hats, printing Saint Patrick’s Day T-shirts, drinking green ale and watching parades are some of the highlights of the day. However, there is another craft that is totally exclusive to this jolly Irish festival and that is giving painted rocks for Saint Patrick’s Day. Giving painted rocks on Saint Patrick’s Day is a great way of sharing good luck with friends and family.
Materials Required For Making Painted Rocks On Saint Patrick’s Day
- You would need some green paint. Acrylic paints are a good choice since watercolors would get washed away easily.
- Get some newspapers to prevent paint from spilling on the floor.
- You can get some black, white or gold paint to do detailing on the rocks.
- Last but not the least, you have to bring your creative hat.
How To Make Painted Rocks?
- You have to paint the rocks in green color. Once one side is dry, flip the rock over and paint the other side.
- You can either simply paint a shamrock on the rock using gold paint or paint some other designs like mandalas. Making a shamrock is easy. All you would need to do is to paint two adjacent circles using the gold paint. Then you would need to add a circle on the top and another one on the bottom. Remember to add a stem.
- Your stones are all done now; you can put them in a decorated basket or hide them in your garden.
It is a great family activity so have fun making painted rocks on Saint Patrick’s Day this year.