The beginning of the twentieth century saw the concept of minimalistic design come into vogue. It put an end to decorations that needed decking up a place elaborately and in detail. It narrowed down to attending only the basic designing needs that a place required. Gone were the days of pompous embellishments. In its place was accepted the idea of cutting down a long list to the proper size. Minimal interior design pairs the aesthetic beautifully with the essential. Once we accept the idea of less is more, we come to realize the greatest advantage of minimal designing, that it weaves creativity and functionality very intricately, in an artistic manner.
Minimalism serves many other purposes, besides looking great.
- It clears a lot of space from stuff that we do not realize that we do not need anymore.
- Having our essentials lined up properly helps a lot in our daily lives and proves to be high time effective.
- When you arrange the furniture and other household items in a definite and neat order, it provides you with a lot of free space. Arranging things neatly makes a place look tidy and spacious.
- Try color scheming the furnishings of a room. Go for pastel shades and avoid gaudy and bright colors at all costs.
- Match the color of the decor of a room with the color in which the room is furnished.
- Prevent monotony from creeping in by introducing an artistic focal point, like a stylish light fixture or a bright colored cushion on a neutral colored couch.
Balance a simple and less chaotic look in your house with these innovative minimal interior design ideas.
images Source facebook.com